BBYRA Championship Series Race Scores
2017 Championship Series
July 22- Daily Race Scores SAYC
July 15 - Daily Race Scores TRYC
Race 04-1 Protest by A Cat #O67 Wasp Against A Cat #SPY Gary Stewaert Status Withdrawn
- Committee annougnce the the fleet that Long point needed to be honored, the only
- Protest withdrawn by competitor. No special instructions were posted concerning the honoring of a mark at Long Point.
Race 04-1 Protest by A Cat #w Bill OBrien Against A Cat #O67 Michael Frankovich Status Withdrawn
- Witch was on starboard and wasp was on port and wasp tried to cross on port and
- Witch requested withdrawal of protest. Withdrawal accepted by PC 7/18/2017.
Race 04-T Request for Redress by Ensign #1669 Wayne Bush For Race Committee # Status scheduled
- This redress will be held on Tuesday 7/25/2017 at Metedeconk River Yacht Club at approximately 1930.
- Hearing (date/time):
- 2017-07-25 19:30:00
July 08 - Daily Race Scores MYC / MRYC
July 01 - Daily Race Scores IHYC
Race 02-2 Protest by Flying Scot #6107 Stay Thirsty Against Flying Scot #6074 Status Allowed
- This protest will be heard at Shore Acres Yacht Club on 7/22/2017 at the conclusion of racing, approximately 4pm.
- Facts found:
1. Wind was 15-20kts with heavy chop.
2. Approaching the line to start, 6107, on starboard, acquired an overlap from clear astern one boat width to leeward of 6074, who was reaching on starboard.
3. 6107 headed up, and within 2 seconds, the forestay of 6107 made contact with the end of 6074's boom. There was no damage or injury.
4. 6107 continued to head up, passing clear astern of 6074.
5. Both boats started, 6074 clear ahead by half a boat length and a boat width to leeward.
1. 6107 was subject to RRS 12 when approaching 6074 from astern, she kept clear.
2. Upon establishing the overlap, as a right of way boat (RRS 11), 6107 was subject to RRS 15. She did not break RRS 15 as there was room for 6074 to keep clear.
3. When 6107 altered course to head up, she is subject to RRS 16, and by almost immediately making contact with 6074, she breaks RRS 16.
4. 6107 also breaks RRS 14, but is exhonersted as there was no damage or injury.
6107 to be scored DSQ for breaking RRS 16.
Tom Sollas (chair), Ned Thomson, June Kingman
Race 02-2 Request for Redress by Marshal Sandpiper #mc 2 paul gelenitis For Race Committee # Status Withdrawn
- MC 2 won the second race of IH race day and was given the appropriate finishing
- Request for redress withdrawn as the scores were corrected by the scorer.
June 24 - Daily Race Scores BHYC & MCYC
AfternoonPM E Sloop
A Cat - Race Abandoned
Flying Scot - Race Abandoned
Sanderling - Race Abandoned